Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Daily One Inch Button - NPR & PRI

When I was a kid, I didn't know much about the radio other than it was the thing my mother frequently listened to in the car. It never occurred to me that it was a reasonable thing to do to listen to it outside the car because the television was so much more entertaining in that it had fun for the eyes as well as the ears. What really brought me back to radio listening was none other than the amazing world of podcasting, and a friend of mine recommending that I listen to a program called This American Life, hosted by Ira Glass. Since that time I have discovered a number of interesting and educational programs distributed both by NPR (National Public Radio) and PRI (Public Radio International) - the beauty of public radio is that, being publicly funded, it does not  have corporate crass scrawled all over it. You aren't interrupted every few minutes to hear about buying yourself a hamburger.
$1.00

No comments: